Tuesday, September 30, 2003

My Worthless Playoff Predictions

These have no reasoning...just my gut feelings. I try not to guess how many games it will take, because I will undoubtedly be wrong. So here we go:

ALDS
Yankees over Twins
Red Sox over A's

NLDS
Braves over Cubs
Marlins over Giants (Upset Special)

ALCS
Yankees over Red Sox

NLCS
Braves over Marlins

World Series
Repeat of '96 and '99: Yankees over Braves

Side note: Braves' RF Gary Sheffield will hit .538 with 4 HR and 13 RBI in the 7-game series, winning the MVP for a losing team. George Steinbrenner will become so enthralled with the free-agent outfielder that he will offer him a 5-year deal worth $16 million a season, access to his owner's box, a new car, and half of Manhattan.

That's what I think will happen. What do I want to happen?

ALDS
Twins over Yankees
A's over Red Sox

NLDS
Cubs over Braves
Marlins over Giants (Upset Special)

ALCS
Hmmm...don't really care on this one, but we'll go with A's over Twins

NLCS
Cubs over Marlins

World Series
A's over Cubs

That said, it will probably end up being Giants over Red Sox. My predictions are known to fail...